- Fair Housing /
- Home Buyer
- Tenant / Landlord
- About Us
First Time Home Buyer Classes
Potential first time buyers learn the basics of the purchase process from certified experts. The eight hour classes are held monthly.
Please pre-register for the pre-purchase homebuyer education class by completing our registration form. The registration instructions can be found here. Pre-registration is a requirement to attend. Walk-ins will not be accepted. Attendees are required to register online and pay a $50 non-refundable registration fee. Attendees are also required to fill out an Assessment prior to the class.
To view a list of our upcoming classes, please click here. All registration is done online.
For technical support email: email@example.com.
- Classes starting in February will increase to $50
- Classes are first-come-first-serve
- You must attend the class you have registered for.
- We will not admit walk-ins.
- No late arrivals will be admitted.
- Certificates are made with the name given on online registration. Please make sure you double check spelling on names.
- You must complete the Assessment and bring the completed document to the class.
Among the topics covered are:
- Can I afford the house I have been looking at?
- How does my credit score impact my mortgage payment?
- How do I know whether I have a good credit score?
- What can I do if there is a negative entry on my credit report?
- Should I use a mortgage broker or go to a bank?
- How do I choose a Mortgage Consultant?
- What kind of loan is best for me?
- What is pre-approval and do I need it?
- Should I use a realtor or a real estate agent?
- How do I choose a Real Estate agent
- What do all of the disclosure forms mean?
- When should I waive the contingencies?
- How do I deal with all the loan application and escrow forms?
- What kinds of insurance will I need?
- How long does this whole process take?
- Are there down payment assistance programs that I can apply for?
- What do I do if I feel I have been subject to housing discrimination?