First Time Home Buyer Classes
Potential first time buyers learn the basics of the purchase process from certified experts. The eight hour classes are held monthly. Please check our Events Calendar for the next class.
Please pre-register for the pre-purchase homebuyer education class by completing our registration form. The registration instructions can be found here. Pre-registration is a requirement to attend. Walk-ins will not be accepted. Attendees are required to pay a $25 non-refundable registration fee per person and mailed or dropped off at our office. For technical support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Among the topics covered are:
- Can I afford the house I have been looking at?
- How does my credit score impact my mortgage payment?
- How do I know whether I have a good credit score?
- What can I do if there is a negative entry on my credit report?
- Should I use a mortgage broker or go to a bank?
- How do I choose a Mortgage Consultant?
- What kind of loan is best for me?
- What is pre-approval and do I need it?
- Should I use a realtor or a real estate agent?
- How do I choose a Real Estate agent
- What do all of the disclosure forms mean?
- When should I waive the contingencies?
- How do I deal with all the loan application and escrow forms?
- What kinds of insurance will I need?
- How long does this whole process take?
- Are there down payment assistance programs that I can apply for?
- What do I do if I feel I have been subject to housing discrimination?