- Fair Housing /
- What Is Fair Housing?
- Fair Housing for Housing Providers
- How Can We Help?
- Fair Housing Workshops
- Become a Fair Housing Tester
- Ask a Fair Housing Question
- Fair Housing Resources-Foreign Language Material
- File a Fair Housing Complaint
- Reentry Community
- Satisfaction Survey
- Encuesta de Satisfacción
- Communities We Serve
- Home Buyer
- Tenant / Landlord
- About Us
Foreclosure Prevention, Mortgage Delinquency & Default Counseling
The program’s goal is to help homeowners stabilize their finances and mortgage payment through education, awareness and proactive homeowner involvement.
Foreclosure Prevention / Mortgage Delinquency and Default Counseling is available to homeowners, free of charge who are in default or concerned about their ability to maintain their payments. Counseling is available in English and Spanish. Special accommodations may be available for clients with mobility, visual or hearing impairments.
Clients can expect to attend both group and individual counseling sessions, where they will work on improving their finances and preparing and updating documents needed for a loan modification. They will also actively participate with their lender throughout the workout process.
Open A Case
If you are interested in participating in our counseling program, fill out our intake packet. Take the time to answer each question to the best of your ability. Please note that the property in question must be located within our service area.
Once your intake packet is complete, mail to our Milpitas Office or bring your intake packet directly to our Milpitas office. We cannot accept faxed or emailed intake packets. If you are currently in foreclosure, with a sale date within the next 30 days, we recommend that you bring your intake packet to our Milpitas office.
Click here to download Project Sentinel forms, including our intake packet.
How a HUD Certified Foreclosure Prevention Counselor Can Help You
- Assess your mortgage situation
- Explain various workout options that may be available
- Provide budget counseling and develop a crisis budget to present to your lender
- Assist with submitting a request for a loan modification
- Facilitate with communication between you and your lender
- Help you understand your individual correspondence related to your mortgage
- Define mortgage terms and program guidelines
- Provide you with additional resources and referrals