Reverse Mortgage Counseling
A Reverse Mortgage is a loan against the property for homeowners, 62 years of age and older who have equity in their homes, and permanently reside in the property.
- No payments are required throughout the life of the loan
- The homeowner retains title to the property.
- As long as a homeowner remains in the property the loan will not become due as long as the property is maintained, the property taxes are paid, and the homeowner insurance is paid.
- All existing mortgages must be paid off at the close of escrow with loan proceeds.
- Loan proceeds can be used for any purpose and can be provided in lump sum payment, monthly payments for the rest of the homeowner’s life, monthly payments for a specific number of years or a line of credit to draw on when needed.
To schedule a counseling appointment, please complete our intake packet, or call (408) 720-9888 ext. 8020 or 8010. You may also call our toll free number (888) 331-3332 ext. 8020 or 8010 or send an email to: email@example.com.
The National Council on Aging (NCOA) publishes a booklet on reverse mortgages. Please check our fee schedule for applicable fees.