- Fair Housing /
- What Is Fair Housing?
- Fair Housing for Housing Providers
- How Can We Help?
- Fair Housing Workshops
- Become a Fair Housing Tester
- Ask a Fair Housing Question
- Fair Housing Resources-Foreign Language Material
- File a Fair Housing Complaint
- Reentry Community
- Satisfaction Survey
- Encuesta de Satisfacción
- Communities We Serve
- Home Buyer
- Tenant / Landlord
- About Us
Fair Housing for Housing Providers
Project Sentinel is a Fair Housing organization whose mission is to preserve equal access to housing choice. As part of this mission, we regularly work with housing providers — owners, HOAs, managers, developers — to ensure that they are in compliance with the law. If you are a housing provider, we can:
- Educate you on your obligations under the Fair Housing laws
- Counsel you about how to handle requests for reasonable accommodations or modifications
- Explain the “fair housing way” to deal with problem tenants
- Suggest changes to policies and rules that may be unlawful
These services are free of charge and confidential. Also consider attending or hosting a Fair Housing Workshop for you and your staff.
Fair Housing Guide for Housing Providers
Project Sentinel, along with our partners at the Law Foundation of Silicon Valley, with funding from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, have created a comprehensive guide to fair housing for California housing providers. We’ve also created a brochure highlighting how to best advertise your property without breaking the law. You can access a copy of these resources below. Please also feel free to explore the What Is Fair Housing? section on this site.