- Fair Housing /
- What Is Fair Housing?
- Fair Housing for Housing Providers
- How Can We Help?
- Fair Housing Workshops
- Become a Fair Housing Tester
- Ask a Fair Housing Question
- Fair Housing Resources-Foreign Language Material
- File a Fair Housing Complaint
- Reentry Community
- Satisfaction Survey
- Encuesta de Satisfacción
- Communities We Serve
- Home Buyer
- Tenant / Landlord
- About Us
Typical Tenant / Landlord Questions
We can answer questions like these for you. Contact us by clicking here.
- What is the difference between a lease and a month-to-month rental agreement?
- What is the rule for how many tenants can occupy a unit?
- Does my city have rent control?
- How can we document the condition of the unit at the time of move-in?
- How much security deposit can a landlord require?
- What is the line between the landlord’s duty to repair and the tenant’s duty to maintain the condition of the premises?
- What are the limits and procedures to raise rent or change any other condition of the rental agreement?
- Can a landlord regulate activities such as smoking and owning a pet?
- What are the steps when a tenant is not paying rent?
- How does the eviction process work?
- How are security deposit deductions calculated when a tenant moves out?
- Who is responsible for “normal wear and tear” and how is it defined?
- What are the time limits for joint inspections and return of the security deposit at the time of move out?
- Is a landlord required to carry out a final inspection with the tenant?